Who We Are
Who We Are
Building to be a world-class competitive, environmentally responsible, and efficient potash producer
Western Potash Corp. (TSX:WRX) is building Canada's most efficient potash solution mine. Utilizing innovative selective solution mining technologies, Western plans to develop the world-class Milestone potash deposit in an ecologically sustainable, economically efficient, and socially responsible manner. Western Potash Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Western Resources Corporation, is headquartered in Regina, Saskatchewan. Western Potash Corporation was established in April 2017 with the acquisition of over 148,000 acres of Crown and Freehold mineral leases in Saskatchewan.
Implementing a three-stage development plan, Western plans to exploit the Milestone potash field with innovative selective solution mining technique resulting in potash production of 146,000 tomes per annum. The Phase I model will then be expanded and scaled up for Phase II at 150,000 to 250,000 tons per annual to prove overall project economics and prove scalability, and finally duplicated in Phase III (1.4 million TPA) and IV (1.4 million TPA) for a total capacity of <3 million tons per annum, making Western Potash the 7th largest potash producer globally.
What We Are Building
Western Potash Corporation is building one of the most technologically advanced potash solution mines in the province of Saskatchewan. Benefits of the Milestone Project include:
- Lower cost: Lower capital and operation cost than conventional solution mining;
- Less resource consumption: Half the water requirement compared to a typical solution mine. Lower energy consumption due to high formation temperatures and natural crystallization in pond;
- Access to additional resources: Gain access to reserves of over 1500m in depth, which aren't accessible with traditional methods.
- Reduced environmental foot print: Less surface impact due to the absence of a salt tailings facility, less subsidence and fewer pollutants; and
- Scalable production: The Project will provide a scalable production facility that has the potential to be expanded to meet future market requirements and changing investment appetites.
Western Potash Corporation has strong ties with our local community and support from local and provincial governments. Western also works with many local, national and international businesses.